Gus & Vic
Gus & Vic is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this service, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
Gu & Vic may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 August 2017.
What we may collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information you provide when you create a campaign (your name and email address)
- Basic Facebook profile information when you accept these permissions when logging into the Gus & Vic Facebook App (your name, Facebook ID, profile picture, age, gender and other public information) and photos that you’ve been tagged or uploaded.
When you visit this service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, the location of your ISP and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use this data to monitor the use of this service, to gather information about the location of our users and for this service’s technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of the Terms & Conditions.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information for the following reasons:
- In order for you to have a personalized video of Aldebarã.
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- So we may provide you with quicker support.
- To send you updates related to your personalized video views or any updates about Gus & Vic (rarely).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The data we collect is stored with an industry leading cloud provider within the US.
- For data in transit, industry-standard transport protocols between user devices and our data centers are used. These same protocols are used within the data centers themselves.
- Detection and mitigation techniques are used to protect against DDoS attacks.
- Servers have antimalware software installed.
- Regular penetration testing is conducted.
- Our cloud provider has a global incident response team which works around the clock to mitigate the effects of any attacks. These are backed by centers of excellence that fight digital crime, respond to security incidents and vulnerabilities, and combat malware.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Gus & Vic also makes use of Facebook login, who store cookies that are required for us to allow you to have a personalized video of Aldebarã. Facebook has its own cookie policies which can be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website and user experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- You wish to request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 (a small fee will be payable).
- You wish for us to restrict the collection or use of your personal information.
- You wish for us to destroy any record of your personal information.
- You believe any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete.